Essex lorry deaths: Channel 4 postpone Smuggled documentary after tragedy

Express

-

24 жовтня 2019 15:07

Ви читаєте видалену новину

Ця стаття була видалена Express 31 жовтня 2019 00:10. Ми зберігаємо копію цієї новини на сайті Undelete.news доступною для всіх.

Earlier in the week, 39 bodies were found in the back of a lorry in Grays, Essex. It has since emerged they were Chinese nationals and the driver of the lorry, Mo Robinson, is being questioned by police.

Since then, Channel 4 have taken the decision to postpone a documentary they were set to air. The show, called Smuggled, was to be set around the notion of people smuggling. It followed eight members of the public as they tried to enter the UK from Europe by avoiding any border checks.However, in light of the Essex tragedy, Channel 4 have taken it from the schedule and have not yet discussed when it will air. READ MORE: Essex lorry map: Where was lorry? Were children in lorry? Bulgaria lorry route - revealed

A spokesperson for Channel 4 told The Mirror: “In light of the tragic events today we have postponed the transmission of the series.”It was believed they were going to air the show at a time when Britain gears up for Brexit. Previous adverts for the series said it was an “unprecedented national security experiment”. The discovery was made yesterday and since then, the nationality of the bodies has been announced.

Читайте також:

The Capture season 2: Writer drops huge hint on Shaun Emery's future
10 жовтня 2019 16:01

A police spokesperson said earlier today of the 39 Chinese bodies: “Each of the 39 people must undergo a full coroner’s process to establish a cause of death, before we move on to attempting to identify each individual within the trailer. “This will be a substantial operation and, at this stage, we cannot estimate how long these procedures will take.”The Chinese embassy in London issued the following statement: “We read with heavy heart the reports about the death of 39 people in Essex, England.“We are in close contact with the British police to seek clarification and confirmation of the relevant reports.” DON'T MISS...Luton lorry: Police scramble as people jump from vehicle by airport [VIDEO]Nick Ferrari's caller reveals details of his lorry journey to UK [VIDEO]Lorry tragedy: Horrifying conditions inside container where 39 died [VIDEO]

So far, the police have searched three addresses in Northern Ireland on top of their questioning of the individual. They have confirmed the lorry and its refrigerated trailer left the port at Purfleet shortly after 1.05am and officers were called around 30 minutes later. Ambulance staff had made the discovery at Waterglade Industrial Park in Eastern Avenue. It had previously come from Zeebrugge in Belgium at around 12.30am on Wednesday.

The front part of the lorry, is believed to have been picked up in Northern Ireland. Speaking about the tragedy, Essex police said: “We will continue to work with partners and other law enforcement agencies to establish exactly how these 39 people lost their lives in such an untimely way.“This process will be complex and lengthy, as well as incredibly challenging for all those involved, but we will not stop until we get answers for the loved ones of those who have sadly died.”Previously to this, in 2000 58 Chinese illegal immigrants were found dead in a sealed, airless container at the port of Dover.

ОРИГІНАЛЬНИЙ ПОСТ

express entertainment додав (ла) Cavan Bradford

Коментарі

Поки немає коментарів.

Ви повинні увійти, щоб залишити коментар.

Схожі новини

no